Tuscan Stuffed Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1/2 cup fresh sage, chopped
- 2 ounces. roasted red peppers, minced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, large
- 3 cup water
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (more if needed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a mixing bowl, combine chopped sage, red peppers, feta, salt and pepper until incorporated or use a processor. Set aside.
- Cut a pocket into each breast. Cut lengthwise, open, then stuff each breast using a spoon with the cheese and pepper mixture from step 1. If you need to use a toothpick to close and keep opening closed after stuffing, do so.
- In 3 shallow bowls, put flour in bowl 1, whisk eggs and water in bowl 2, and seasoned breadcrumbs in bowl three.. Then dip each breast in flour, coat well, shake off excess, then into egg mixture, shake off excess, then coat well with breadcrumb, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat & preheat oven to 350 F
- Once oil is hot, brown chicken, by cooking on each side 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from skillet to a lightly greased (pam or vegetable spray) baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with parsley flakes and serve. Enjoy!