First off, I hope that you all had a great weekend and hopefully did not have to work to hard and had a chance to relax. Now, as for my weekend, where do I even begin, Good News ? Bad News ? Good News Again ? LOL. I will just take it from the top. A while back, around 6 months ago, I had some issues with a skin infection under my arm, cellulitis, that was very painful and I had to make a few trips to the Docs and once to the ER to get it handled. Some time passed and all was well. However, last week I noticed it starting to return, so as before, I used some topical antibiotic cream, but this time it ended up infected worse than before. By Friday night, the swelling had become so bad, I could barely move my right arm and Aimy did some research, made some calls, and we went to the walk-in on Saturday morning. After waiting a couple hours, they were able to remove most of the infection, give me a bunch of pain medicine and antibiotics and send me on my way. Thankfully I am feeling much better now, but I must wait on the results of the lab tests to see if there is something with my blood that keeps causing this to return and cause problems such as the one I had Friday night. So that was some Bad News & Good News and I am HOPING for GREAT NEWS when I get the results back next week when I return for my checkup. Fingers Crossed!
THE CAR SITUATION! This is just great news! Aimy was able to find a mechanic that came to our place and looked at her car and he was able to repair it. We should have it back today so that is just awesome! Additionally, he also said he would be able to get my car repaired and get it through the bullshit California SMOG check so that I can finally get the registration sticker and papers for my car! FINALLY! So by Tuesday evening we should have both cars back and fully functional! As bad as this month started, after Doctors, Mechanics, Illnesses, & loads of stress, this month looks like it will end on a positive note! HOORAY!
B-Fast Ham & Swiss Bagel Sand
- 4 eggs, large
- 2 bagels, sliced, (everything or other flavor)
- 4 slice · Swiss cheese
- 4 slice · tomato
- 6 slice · low sodium deli ham
- 1 mushroom, diced
- 2 tbsp · green bell pepper, diced
- ½ red jalapeno, diced
- 1 tsp · milk
- 1 dash · ground black pepper
- 1 dash · salt
- 1 dash · onion powder
- ½ tsp · evoo
- 1 tbsp · butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Slice bagels, and butter both sides, place bagels on a cookie sheet. Place 1 slice of Swiss on the top slice of bagel
- Heat evoo in a medium frying pan over medium heat, add 2 slices diced ham saute for 30 seconds
- Add mushroom, bell pepper & jalapeno and let cook for 2 minutes
- In a small bowl whisk eggs, salt, pepper, onion powder, and milk, then add to the frying pan
- Cook as if you would an omelette, lifting and pressing around the sides. Make sure to jiggle the pan a few times as well. Once the egg can be flipped, FLIP IT!
- Let cook for 1 to 2 minutes, then divide the egg into 4 sections.
- Add 2 sections of the egg to each bottom slice of bagel, top with 2 slice of tomato, 2 slice of ham, then 1 slice of Swiss
- Put the bagels into the oven and bake for 6-7 minutes until bagels are toasty and cheese has melted nicely